Thursday, February 23, 2012

Giving In - A Story of Growing Up

 

 The Inconvenient Marriage of Charlotte Beck
By Kathleen Y'Barbo

I know, I gave this review a weird title... but that is the just of the book. I think. lol
Seems I am really good at choosing the last book in a series to review, as this is also the last book in a 3 book series. As a stand alone read, I don't think I needed the previous 2... they were stories about other characters in the tale - not related to the main character. 

Speaking of the characters... they are: Charlotte Beck - young, well off, American girl wishing she were older and looking for her father's approval. Alex Hambly - Viscount of Hambly in England, twin to Martin, youngest son and avid star gazer. Upon these do the whole book depend...

Ms Y'Barbo does a lovely job weaving the story between these two characters and their respective family members. The only big problem I have is that the books title does not quite match the book. The book is split in 2 halves - the first being the young miss meeting the Viscount and their ensuing tangle or story. The second being 4 years later - about the marriage and the confusing faith filled wrap up of the series. The idea of an inconvenient marriage does not really materialize... and actually falls apart at the end. 

My thoughts on this book are - as a light read, it is passable.

I give this book 2 stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment