Sunday, April 5, 2015

"Handbag Workshop" by Anna Mazur Reviewed for NetGalley





Loved this book!
The step by step photos were so helpful and the walk-through of how to-s are spot on.
I have made some bags in the past, and SO wished that I had had this book earlier for making those bags. I am sure I would not have made silly mistakes, or struggled with the things I did if I had read this book before attempting to make a bag.

The use of fabrics and the notions are spot on! The help with adding lined pockets and 2 way zippers are invaluable. The different presser foots for the sewing machine and threads are also talked about.
This is so much better than an online pattern or a video tutorial as Anna covers all the little how-tos that make a bag special and professional looking.

Again, I am so happy to have this book!! And would happily recommend it to any bag sewers I know.

NetGalley did not do a good job of translating this book into a readable format for kindle. The photos are out of sync with the text and makes following the tutorials harder. Otherwise, it is a wonderful book.

5 out of 5 stars.

**This was a digital ARC book received from Net Galley. All views are my own, I received no compensation for my review. **


No comments:

Post a Comment